Dress Well, Test Well: Words To Live By
Posted on Thursday, December 15 2016 12:55:00 PM in The Decomposers by Trent Griffith
Why does it matter how I dress?
How you dress impacts how you feel.Have you ever been to any sort of social gathering only to feel utterly out of place, insignificant, or otherwise self conscious because of what you’re wearing? If so, then you know what it means to be affected emotionally by the clothing you have on. This makes sense. After all, it comes down to confidence and feeling comfortable being oneself. This is difficult to do if your ensemble is pushing you in the other direction. If your closet is lacking in stylish options, consider doing some online shopping for men here at AAURA.
Tips For Dressing Well to Feel Confident
- Wear clothing that fits you. Learn your measurements, or find a tailor.
- Wear clothing that you find both stylish and comfortable to wear.
- Invest in a lint roller to keep your darker garments looking sharp.
- Buy it because you love it, not because you need it.
How you dress impacts how you perform.The way you dress can also impact how you perform by impacting the way you think. Science has indicated for years that different ways of dressing may enhance productivity. A particular study tested whether wearing more formal clothing could enhance abstract cognitive processing. What does this mean? Abstract thought differs from concrete thought in that abstract ideas are more cerebral and complex, and concrete ideas are more simple and detail-oriented. For example, “I’m sweaty,” is a concrete observation while “My body is losing fluids quickly, so I should rehydrate” requires some mental process and is therefore abstract.
Tips For Dressing Well to Think More Abstractly
- Wear clothing that makes you feel powerful.
- Avoid clothing that has negative symbolic meaning to you.
- If you’re lost, mimic the style of someone you admire.
- Keep your hair and face well groomed.